Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dear Ella . . .

Your sweet Grandmommy flew out here to visit you this weekend. You may not know this yet but that is a BIG deal! Until you were born, Grandmommy had only flown a couple of times in her life - the last time when I was only about 2 years old. But all of that changed when you came into the picture. Grandmommy has flown twice now! Once to be here when you were born and then again this weekend. That's how much she loves us! :)

I've realized now, after watching her with you that I learned so much of how to be your mommy from her. Nearly everything I do or even say to you is similar to what she does and says. I know a lot of that comes from watching her take care of your Aunt Anna when she was little. What a blessing it was to be old enough to watch, learn, and actually remember what it was like to see my mommy take care of a baby. I know it's already making me a better mommy to you.

You are so blessed to have this amazing woman as your grandmommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment