Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dear Ella . . .

We've had a busy few weeks around here! Two weeks ago you tried rice cereal for the first time. Daddy and I both got to feed you. You weren't sure about it at first but I think you liked it. You ended up wearing about half of it!

Your little tummy didn't like it too much though and you ended up spitting up all weekend. Daddy and I decided we would wait a week and try again.

Viral rash  :(
Unfortunately, you came down with a tummy bug and ran a fever for the first time at the end of last week - so we had to wait on trying cereal again. You even broke out in a fever rash. It just broke my heart. Your sweet little personality still shined through though. Look at this beautiful smile.

Sweet happy baby, even with a fever.

You felt better on Monday and by that night your rash was totally gone. We had some sweet snuggle time Monday night - I think your little body was tired from being sick. We rocked and talked and sang in our rocking chair most of the evening. You even found my face and lovingly patted me over and over. I think we both needed some good mommy-baby time.  What a sweet memory.  :)

This is Daddy's busy season.  He was gone last weekend to play with the Midland Odessa Symphony and Chorale (where we used to live).  This weekend he's in Abilene and next weekend in San Angelo (and the weekend after that we get to go home to Alabama to see Grandmommy and Granddaddy!).  We both miss him a lot - I'm so thankful that you have him for a daddy (and that I have him for a husband).

This morning it's just you, me, and the Gizzy-bear around here.  You woke up happy and talked to yourself and squawk for a little while until you decided you were hungry.  Then you nursed and we tried cereal again.  You are really getting the hang of eating from a spoon!  I'm so proud of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment