Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dear Ella . . .

I think we can say you've officially slept through the night now. Until yesterday the longest you slept was just under eight hours - and that was a few weeks ago. The last two nights you've slept for right at nine hours!! Then you eat and go back to sleep for another hour or two. I'm so proud of you! You've also suddenly started taking real naps during the day. This week you've been sleeping for 45 minutes to an hour and a half in the mornings and around two hours in the afternoons.

You've also come to another important milestone this week. You have officially transitioned from the bassinet/pack-n-play in Mommy and Daddy's room (where you've slept since we brought you home from the hospital) to your baby bed in your own bedroom. That was hard on Mommy the first couple of nights. I don't like to be away from you. But your bed is much more comfy, and Mommy and Daddy can get ready in the mornings without waking you up now. You look so tiny in such a big bed though!

I really don't know if it's your age (supposedly 12 weeks is the magic age for consolidating sleep during the day) or if it's your bed or maybe both. I'm so glad you're getting the sleep you need - it's better for both of us, but I have to admit I sure do miss our sweet snuggly feedings in the middle of the night.

You're growing so fast!
I love you!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment