Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dear Ella . . .

You are 2 months old now and my how you've changed! Here are a few special memories from this past month.

• At your 2 month check up you weighed 11 lbs 12 oz (75-80th percentile), your head measured 15 inches around (90th percentile), and are 23.3 inches long (90th percentile).

• You got 2 shots and an oral vaccine at your check up. You cried real tears (I did a little too) but only for a minute or two.

• You have suddenly "awakened" to your surroundings and can now respond and interact with people and things around you!

• When you lock eyes with me and give me that huge grin of yours I just melt into a big puddle.

• You smile at everyone now and have started babbling, gurgling, and cooing!

• You and I have had some great little "conversations" in the last week or so.

• You are so tall now that I have to wrap you around my side so we fit in our rocker when I nurse you.

• You got to meet all 6 of your living great-grandparents inside of one week! They all love you so much!

• You are a great little traveler! By the end of this week you will have visited Tulsa, OK; Fayette, Hanceville, and Tuscaloosa, AL (by way of Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi); San Angelo, TX; and Shreveport, LA. I'm so thankful you handle the car this well! You've got a lot of traveling in your future, little one.

• Your daddy and I love you more and grow closer to you every day (even though I couldn't imagine loving you more than I did the day you were born - love is a pretty amazing thing like that!).

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment